Oregon Junior Baseball Code of Conduct:
1. First and foremost, Be positive and have fun!
2. Coaches have ultimate responsibility for their conduct, the conduct of their assistants,
players, and spectators.
3. Accept the decisions of officials without exhibiting inappropriate behavior.
4. Place the emotional and physical well being of your players ahead of any personal desire
to win. Want to win and strive to win, but don’t “win at all costs”. Seek to achieve
5. Ensure that you are knowledgeable in the rules of the sport that you coach, and teach
these rules to your players. Develop the total individual not just the athlete.
6. Treat each player, coach, official, and parent with respect and dignity.
7. Treat each player as an individual; remember the large spread of emotional and physical
development for the same age group.
8. Lead by example, in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all players. Remember
that the team is a direct reflection of the coach.
9. Respect the game, do not violate any laws of society or otherwise compromise the
integrity of the game.
10. Do your best to provide a safe playing situation for your players.
11. Be aware of the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of your players.
12. Provide a sports environment for your team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol,
and you will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
13. Remember that you are a role-model for children and the game is for them and not adults.
14. Be positive and have fun!